A new hair colour always leaves me feeling happy and I always welcome a change! I wanted to liven up my dark hair and decided to try out the L’Oreal Preference Wild Ombre Hair Lightening Cream.
I absolutely love changing my hair and I love doing it myself! I coloured my hair back to dark a few months ago and even though I have always loved the darker hair, I do get bored of it quite quickly. I felt that a change was needed and started looking what colour product would give me that.
I spotted this hair lightening cream from L’Oreal a while back and it looked really promising. I wanted the ends of my hair to be lighter to add a bit of colour to my almost black hair and this Ombre kit seemed like it would be perfect. I was also really lucky as I bought it from Dischem at a discount, so if it didn’t work, I would be okay with it.
Before I bought this product I really thought it through. Am I going to be happy with this change? Will my hair come out a colour that I will love? Plus I was really worried I’d be stuck with orange hair! I decided I was up for the change no matter the outcome and I went ahead with it.
2. Lightening Powder
3. Conditioning Shampoo
4. Lightening Creme
5. Developer Creme
6. Expert Brush
- Before using this Hair Lightening Cream from L’oreal I watched quite a few YouTube videos to see how others are applying it and what their results were. A lot of them mentioned that it has a very strong smell so I prepared myself for the smell, but I did not expect it to smell as strong as it did! When I applied it for the first time it literally knocked my breath away. So it’s really important that you use this in a very well ventilated room!
- For application I applied it more or less in line with my ears, combing it so that it blends well with the top of my hair. I didn’t want to be stuck with a solid line across my hair.
- I applied more colour to the bottom of my hair and less to the hair in line with my ears. That way it creates a natural look.
- Wear an old shirt you don’t feel sorry for. My shirt was covered in the colour by the time I was done. I did however notice that there was almost no damage to my shirt, but to be on the safe side rather wear something you don’t mind getting colour on.
- I left the colour on for 45 minutes to achieve my results.
I didn’t go into this thinking that my hair was going to look like the picture on the box. Realistically that would not happen as my hair was almost black, so I am extremely happy with the lighter colour at the bottom that I achieved.
I found this colour extremely easy to apply using the comb that comes with the kit. It helps to evenly apply the colour and really cover the hair you want to colour.
So overall I am extremely happy with the results I achieved and I’m loving my new hair colour! You can buy this product for R159 at Dischem.