Good morning lovelies! We all know that breakfast is an important meal of the day and I sometimes find it hard to eat a healthy breakfast or eat breakfast at all! Herbalife has a range of products that help you eat a healthy breakfast and today I want to tell you a little bit more about these products.
Just before the holidays I was sent this hamper of Herbalife products and I am so happy that I received them. I have been wondering about their products for a while and have been wanting to try them (they look really delicious!)
Why is breakfast important?
We have all heard that breakfast is the most important meal of the day. It’s easy to see why this is true seeing that it provides you with the energy that you need to get your day started. Here are a few reasons why breakfast is so important:
- A healthy breakfast helps with better appetite control which improves weight management.
- A healthy breakfast provides your body with essential nutrients such as fibre, vitamins and key minerals (such as iron and calcium)
- Breakfast provides energy for your morning activities and helps to eliminate that morning slump you may experience.
I received five products to try out and today I want to tell you about these products:
1. Formula One Shake
This shake from Herbalife is delicious, provides protein & key nutrients plus it is the perfect breakfast on the go! Here are some key features of this product:
- This shake contains 18g of protein per serving
- It contains daily essential vitamins and minerals
- It is quick and easy to whip up
- You can add some of your favourite fruits to the shake
This shake also comes in seven delicious flavours and at a recommended retail price of R356.11:
- Tropical Fruit
- Cookies and Cream
- Toffee Apple and Cinnamon
- Choc Mint
- F1 Free from Vanilla
I enjoyed this shake very much. I tried out the chocolate and it had a wonderful taste. It is also very filling which does make it the perfect breakfast.
2. Multifibre Formula
This is a brand new product from Herbalife and this formula has no added sugar! Here are some key features of this product:
- This formula has a delicate apple flavour
- All artificial sweeteners have been removed from this formula
- It contains a blend of soluble and insoluble fibre from Apple, oat, maize, citrus, chicory and soya.
- This formula has no added sugar
- This formula delivers 5g of fibre at only 75 kJ per serving when made up with 150ml of water
I was the most excited about this product. I struggle quite badly with constipation so a solution to that problem is always welcome. I tried this formula out and it works wonders! I am not too crazy about the taste of this one, but you can mix it into your shake, which means I don’t taste it at all. This is a really good product and perfect for when you over indulged during the festive season.
3. Herbal Aloe Concentrate
This drink from Herbalife is kilojoule controlled, tasty and it helps you stay hydrated. As it’s sometimes hard to stay hydrated when life gets busy, this drink is a great solution. Instead of drinking plain water, you can add a lovely citrus taste using this aloe concentrate. Here are some key features of this product:
- It contains 40% Aloe Vera juice which is derived from the whole Aloe Vera leaf.
- This concentrate livens up your drink and it helps to make it easier to achieve the fluid intake of 2-2.5 L per day.
- The mango flavoured concentrate is artificial flavouring and colourant free.
- The herbal aloe concentrate contains citrus.
This drink concentrate comes in 2 flavours; mango and original (both in 473ml) and has a suggested retail price of R364.61
I really enjoy this drink as it adds a nice citrus taste to my water. It makes me want to drink more water, which is good as I am horrible when it comes to drinking enough water during the day.
4. Instant Herbal Beverage
This tea is low in kilojoules (26kJ per serving) and it’s infused with green and black tea. Here are some key features of this product:
- This beverage has a blend of orange pekoe (traditional black tea) and green tea.
- It contains extracts of malva flower, hibiscus flower and cardamom seed.
- The beverage’s 85mg of caffeine is a great way to increase alertness
- This tea can be enjoyed hot or cold.
- Original (100g & 50g)
- Lemon (50g)
- Raspberry (50g)
- Peach (50g)
This beverage has a recommended retail price of R436.27 (100g) and R247.87 (50g)
I am a big tea lover and have quite a few natural mixes that I enjoy and I enjoyed this as an in between drink. I tried out the original flavour and found it a little bit too bland for my liking, but it’s not a bad tea at all.